Sunday, October 18, 2015

Easy Basil Chicken

I saw this on Facebook, actually. I'm not proud of it, except it really makes fantastic chicken. There are no amounts, proportions, or ratios listed, so you can make 1 serving or 100.

Ingredients:

  • boneless/skinless chicken breasts
  • enough basil pesto to put about 1-2 tablespoons on each breast
  • sliced tomatoes (I didn't have fresh, so I used canned diced tomatoes, drained)
  • mozzarella cheese (I used shredded, but you could also use sliced, just make sure you can cover each piece of chicken)
That's it.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Arrange the chicken in a baking dish (I did spray mine with Pam), spread pesto over each piece, layer on tomatoes, then cover with cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes.

There you have it: a terrific Italian-flavored dish with no pasta. (You can have pasta, but it doesn't need it.) Serve it with garlic bread, tossed salad, and Bellissimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment