Monday, March 30, 2015

Cheeseburger Quiche (low-carb)

Cheeseburger Quiche (low-carb)

I made this tonight for the first time. It is that good that I thought I should include it here. Found it on Food.com as I searched for something that would call only for my very limited supplies on hand and yet not send G-man into a coma. We were seriously surprised by how good this is.
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/2 onion, chopped (I used frozen chopped onion)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced (I used a whopping soup spoon full of pre-minced garlic from a jar)
  • 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled (I used real-bacon bits from a jar)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half (I used about 1/4 cup sour cream and the same amount of 1% milk)
  • 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar (I used mild, since I was using sour cream)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground beef in skillet with onion and garlic. Drain off fat and mix in bacon. Break up large clumps.  Press into the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate or smaller casserole dish. (I sprayed it with Pam, because I knew the egg mixture would permeate everything.)
Combine eggs, mayo, half-and-half (or substitutes), and mix well.
Sprinkle cheese over the meat mixture.
Pour egg mixture over the meat mixture.
Bake 40-45 minutes until browned and set.

No comments:

Post a Comment